Welcome to the wonderful world of music. Okay, so it's not the ENTIRE world of music, but this blog is specifially based on "my" kind of music. Thoughout the quarter I will be exploring new bands and posting lyrics and how they relate to me. Also I will be referring some of my favorite bands. If you have a Myspace account, I have linked my profile to this blog because I often post my own blogs, mostly about music as well.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Augustana

I have recently discovered a band called Augustana. It is a mixture of rock and alternative, although, it's surprisingly mellow. If this sounds familiar, you have probably heard their new song "Boston". I also really like "Cigarettes and Coffee", "Sunday's Best", and "More Than a Love Song". Those are just a few, but if you like any of them, you'll most likely enjoy all of their music. A lot of their songs have the same tone; relaxing, mixed with a little alternative. It's hard to say what exactly they sound like, or what other band they are similar to. My suggestion is that you just search for them on the internet (myspace or MTV.com) or through limewire and see what you think. I got a new ipod for Christmas and Augustana is definatly always on my playlist, I think it's good "driving music".

3 comments:

Melissa C. said...

Hi its melissa C. And I like you blog. music is where the heart is and everyone can relate to music at some part in their life.
Could you download the songs you liked with that band?

Melissa C. said...

I like music

Yelena said...

I enjoy listening to music. Driving in my car and listening, in my room I have music playing during the whole day almost. Wnenever its not playing I have no energy to clean or do anything.