Welcome to the wonderful world of music. Okay, so it's not the ENTIRE world of music, but this blog is specifially based on "my" kind of music. Thoughout the quarter I will be exploring new bands and posting lyrics and how they relate to me. Also I will be referring some of my favorite bands. If you have a Myspace account, I have linked my profile to this blog because I often post my own blogs, mostly about music as well.

Thursday, February 8, 2007

New Experiences Everyday!

So before coming to class today I wasn't sure what I was going to write about, but then I experienced something really eye opening walking to class. I'm sure many of you have done this, but I never have. While getting out of my car, my ipod was still on a good song, so I hooked up the headphones and walked to class. We all know what it's like to listen to music in our cars, or on the radio at home, but have you ever walked down the street with music playing in your ears? It really was a cool experience, I think because music isn't naturally suppose to be playing as a background for your life, like in movies. It made me actually involve the people who were around me. I couldn't hear anything but the music, so I had no clue what anyone was saying, and all I could see were their expressions. I was also listening to a slow kind of mellow song, so everyone felt really content. It was like a sence of peace for about 3 minutes. If you ever have a chance to yourself while walking, or sitting alone people watching, plug in those headphones and look at the world through music.

3 comments:

suma said...

I really like what you said cause it's true. I beleive that music is something that everybody likes. It gives our lives a good tast.

Joshua S said...

That is an interesting way of looking at it. I never really noticed but I do it all the time when I am listening to music.

Anonymous said...

I think that's really true. Just listening to music and look at other peoples expressions can sometimes be funny. For me I laugh at them if i dont' hear what they're saying. I think it's a cool thing.